Hello everyone! I’m officially back and I’m so happy that I started blogging and reading again. I’ve been in a really bad reading slump for the longest time and it felt like forever.
stolen songbird by danielle l. jensen | 5 stars
I was lucky enough to be win this book on a giveaway that the author hosted or I’d never have discovered it, because it isn’t talked much in the booktube community and it’s unfair. I think it’s a great book and I’d definitely be reading the next one. I’m not saying it hasn’t its faults but they’re minor compared to everything else. I loved the world building and especially the trolls -something I haven’t read before- and the romance. It’s the book that helped me get out of my reading slump and I literally devoured it in a day. I didn’t stop reading until about 5 am and there is no need to tell you that I was a wreck the next morning, but I didn’t care because this book was totally worth it.
THE ORPHAN QUEEN BY JODI MEADOWS | 2 STARS
I was so excited for this book and I has so high hopes, because the magic system seemed complex and the world building wasn’t something I’d read before. Let me tell you that it was a complete disappointment, especially when it had the potential to be great. Overall, this book was irritating beyond my comprehension. It had so much potential to be so good and it failed. I’ll definitely not be reading the next book. I really liked the ending though , even though it was a cliffhanger but everything else doesn’t make sense. My review for this book is already up, if you want to read more.
THE INFERNAL DEVICES BY CASSANDRA CLARE
I haven’t read any of Clare’s books before and I’m so happy that the books reached my expectations. Everyone on the booktube community craved for this series and I was desperate to read it. The world that Clare created was fantastic and even though I haven’t read any TMI but have some knowledge, I feel like I could jump right in. Loved the characters and connected with every one of them -yes I know they’re many- but still I liked each one for different reasons. Ohh and I’m definitely Team Jem!
IF I COULD CALL THAT!
I don’t usually do tbr, just because I don’t like to plan what I read. I want it to be spontaneous and pick something that I’m in the mood to read and not somehow be forced to. But, lately I’m in love with fantasy genre and trilogies (or series in general), two things I wasn’t too excited before.
I’ve ordered the books from BD, but for my bad luck they’re taking ages to come when I need them asap. Whyyyy? I literally wake up earlier every morning just in case the postman comes, but it’s taking so long -longer than usual. You know the feeling when you expect a book to arrive and hold it in your arms, smell the pages, stare the cover for hours and put it in your bookshelf like it’s your most precious possession.
- The Shadow Hour was out on 12th and Atom Books made a nail art comp, so I couldn’t miss it. It took me about 1 hour to finish but I think it totally worth it. I spend the rest of the day admiring my work
totally justified, I think.
- I want to REALLY dedicate some time in book photography, because it’s one of my favorite things. AND I want to make my bookstagram look freaking awesome, but I still haven’t decided on a style.
- ARCs have started coming again and I couldn’t be more excited, but I NEED to organize my reading schedule, because I don’t want to be drawn in them and end up reading sth I don’t want to. It happened to me couple of months before and it sucks. I didn’t have the time to read books that I chose for myself.
- I’m thinking of starting NaNoWriMo. I haven’t tried before and wanted to do it for some time but lately I want to start writing again and I heard that it’s the best way.
- I also want to finish my short story on Wattpad. It’s called His Name was Eliot and I started so good but I lost my inspiration along the way and I really want to finish a story. I always start sth and never finish it.
- I started a Selection read along, which I’m going to review chapter by chapter. It’ll be so much fun.
- Lastly, the most exciting of all is that I changed my blog. I think it’s really pretty and I’m very satisfied with how it turned out, because it literally took me hours. I put some graphics and changed the logo and I also plan to change the way I make my reviews. Tell me if you like it!